Butternut Squash Tortellini with Brown Butter Sauce


With our husbands out-of-town on a golf mancation, a Friday Happy Hour with my friends was on the calendar. I saw a recipe on Giada's Food Network show that I wanted to try so, this was a perfect occasion. I put on my best cleavage-revealing top and channeled my inner Giada and got to work. The recipe was for Butternut Squash Tortellini with Brown Butter Sauce. The recipe was simply enough, just a little time consuming in the actual making of the tortellini. I knocked out 50 of them while watching NCAA basketball tourney. The tortellini are made with wonton skins which are usually found in the produce section of the grocery store. They looked really professional if I say so myself.
I did not have the amaretti cookies as called for in the recipe. Just got a deliver of Girl Scout cookies so I substituted Trefoils. You could also try gingersnaps. The brown butter sauce with the cranberries and nuts was "to die for." You could easily serve 5 people with this recipe. It was very filling.

No comments: