A Hotdog, A Soda, and A Couple Snickerdoodles


A lot of blog readers ask me how I have time to make dinner and also post about it. Not all dinners are that difficult to make as evidenced by last night feast. Always one of my favorites and No Thank You Boy is a big fan of this menu. When I lived in Chicago, the hotdog of choice was a Vienna hotdog. Here in NJ, it is a Nathan's hotdog. I did commit a sin and put ketchup on my hotdog but, I'm not in the Windy City anymore.


So is it a soda or pop? Back in the Midwest it is a soda. Used the ginger ale to wash done the snickerdoodles all dressed up for my favorite holiday -- the 4th of July. The key to a great cookie is to under cook it slightly. At least I made one item on the menu.

4th of July Snickerdoodles

adapted from the Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book

1 cup butter
3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 cup sugar mixed with 3 tsp of cinnamon
festive 4th of July sprinkles

Preheat oven to 375 degrees

Beat butter with mixer for 30 seconds. Add 1/2 of the flour, 2 cups of sugar, the eggs, vanilla, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Beat to thoroughly combine. Beat in remaining flour. chill for about 1.2 hour.

Shape into 1 inch balls. dip bottom half of ball in cinnamon sugar and top half in sprinkles. Bake on parchment paper lined sheet for about 10 minutes. Remove from sheet pan and cool.





No comments: