Venetian Shrimp with Angel Hair Pasta

I hate cookbooks without pictures. How do I know if I want to make a recipe if I don't know what it will look like? My Mom always said, "The eye eats first." Well, you are just going to have to trust me on this one. I did not take a picture of last night's dinner because we ate it all up before I got my camera out. Not to sound corny but, it really tasted like it was from a restaurant.

The recipe is a Rachel Ray one. I liked the rich flavor, slightly spiciness, and ease of preparation. It only took me 20 minutes - start to finish. We also had some steamed broccoli with it. I only had shrimp on hand so I substituted an extra pound of shrimp where the recipe calls for scallops. I also coated the shrimp with the seasoned flour even though the recipe did not call for this step.

I rarely make a recipe twice. Not because we don't like it but, because I'm always trying new recipes. I have started a "Tried and True" file with all my favorite recipes. This one is definitely going in.

Venetian Shrimp and Scallops



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is saffron a necessary ingredient in this? I really want to make this, but I don't have saffron handy. Thanks!

amycaseycooks said...

Actually, I have made the recipe with and without saffron. It was great both ways. Go ahead and give it a try without saffron. You won't be sorry.