Dinners for a Year and Beyond

I have enjoyed my first year blogging. My intention was to keep track of recipes and record what my family liked and disliked about each meal. Along the way, I was hoping to grow my passion for food in other people.

My photos started off pretty primitive, but I think they have gotten better as the year has progressed. My family has tried new foods and has great patience wating while I take the perfect picture of My Food. During the summer months, the photo taking was outside on our deck. As the summer sun faded, I have found the best lighting for my photos is in the laundry room on top of the washer.

Reseaching countless recipes, experimenting with cooking techniques, and dishing out culinary advice are what I consider perks of my blog. My passion for all things cooking has lead to my own business as EAT! A Personal Chef Service was opened in April of 2007. My blogging has advanced my food writing with articles in my local Sparta Independent newspaper as well as being a writer for The Well Fed Network in the Kids Cuisine, Just Baking and Paper Palate sections. Developing menus for a restaurant in northern New Jersey is another opportunity which was offered to me.

I am most proud of my culinary contributions when family, friends and even people who have found my blog online try my recipes and say how much they have enjoyed the food they created. My original premise of Dinners for a Year was to chronicle my family's dinners during 2007. It has morphed into much more for me and I will continue to add to this blog as long as it is sharing my love of food with others.

Happy eating and stay tuned for many recipes and musings in the upcoming year.

Thanks for reading!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is great! I just discovered it so I have a lot of catching up to do! It's inspired me to add to the blog I started. Thanks! and keep up the great work!

amycaseycooks said...

Thanks jeannie. Here's to more postings in your blog!