Double Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cake


I make at least one bundt cake a week. A great bundt will disappear from my cake stand within 24 hours. This one was just such a cake.

I adapted it from a recipe in one of my favorite cookbooks The Foster's Market Cookbook: Favorite Recipes for Morning, Noon, and Night. This was one of my go-to cookbooks when I was cooking at a gourmet cafe for a couple years.

The cake was moist, chocolatey, and had slightly more than a hint of raspberry flavor. It is.......

Double Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cake


adapted from The Foster's Market Cookbook: Favorite Recipes for Morning, Noon, and Night

makes one 10-inch bundt cake

3 cups flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 sticks butter, softened
3 cups sugar
4 extra large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup raspberry preserves
powdered sugar, to garnish

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Grease and flour a 10-inch bundt pan. I have been using the Pam Baking Spray lately. Set aside.

Combine flour, cocoa, espresso powder, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.

Cream butter and sugar in a standing mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time and beat after each one. Add vanilla and mix.

Add flour mixture alternately with the milk. Mix until just smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips. Do not overmix.

Spread 1/2 of the batter in the prepared pan. Heat raspberry preserves in the microwave for 15 seconds. Pour on top of the batter in the pan. Spread the remaining batter over the preserves to cover.

Bake for 1 hour to 1 1/4 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.

Remove from oven and let cool for about 15 - 20 minutes. Turn cake out of pan and cool on baking rack. Dust with powdered sugar.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my....this looks so decadent and delicious!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Raspberry is my favorite flavor and this looks AMAZING! I think I may make it for my next party. In the fleur de lis pan with some drizzled chocolate and fresh raspberries. It looks amazing!

Deborah said...

Oh, my! I think I need a chocolate fix now!!

Anonymous said...

that looks very yummy! i love pairing fruits with chocolate so yeah this recipe is for me!

Cakebrain said...

that looks delicious!

Deborah Dowd said...

Bundt cakes are so versatile- they can be a coffee cake, a dessert or a platform for something more complex. This looks delicious!

Anonymous said...

Yummy!!! I like moist chocolate cakes sooo much! And with raspberries... mmmm... I'll bake it this weekend.