Roasted Bacon and Parmesan Stuffed Chicken


Winner winner chicken dinner.

With chicken making an appearance at our dinner table about twice a week, I am always trying to serve it in different ways. I never really have a taste for chicken. It is not one of those foods that I crave. That is unless it is a big bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken with biscuits and mashed potatoes topped with peppery gravy.

I have been experimenting with chicken on the bone lately because when roasted, it yields a much juicier piece of meat than boneless, skinless chicken breasts. With the right ingredients and preparation, roasting a bone-in chicken breast with the skin is an easy dinner time entree that can be stuffed with a variety of fillings. Roasted Bacon and Parmesan Stuffed Chicken results in chicken with extra crunchy skin and a flavorful topping of crisp bacon, sharp Parmesan cheese, and a slight hint of a traditional bread stuffing flavor from the seasoned bread crumbs.

Armed with this simple recipe, you'll be sitting down to a delicious chicken dinner in less than an hour. Just don't let on to anyone how easy it was to prepare.

Roasted Bacon and Parmesan Stuffed Chicken

4 servings
4 bone-in with skin chicken breasts
4 slices of bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
olive oil
salt
pepper

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

In a small bowl, combine bacon, cheeses, and bread crumbs. Gently loosen the bottom portion of the skin on each breast. Place about 1/4 of the cheese and crumb mixture under the skin. Place the chicken on a baking sheet drizzled with olive oil. Drizzle the chicken with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
.
Roast until the thickest part of the breast registers 160 degrees on an instant read thermometer, about 35 - 45 minutes. Spoon pan drippings over the chicken and let rest for about 5 minutes before serving.

12 comments:

Patsyk said...

So funny that your first line was "Winner winner chicken dinner" because I just saw the movie 21, and the phrase was still in my head!

Looks like a true winner of a meal... how could you go wrong with those ingredients? Delicious!

Sara said...

I'm always looking for new ways to serve chicken too, and how can you go wrong with bacon?

Anonymous said...

I think I'll try this tomorrow -- sounds great! I have a recipe for parmesan chicken (basically boneless, cut into bites, then breaded/cheesed with a garlic butter wash) that is really good. That also cooks at a near super-nova temperature, which I think must help to seal in the juices or something, because it always comes out tender. Thanks for sharing this!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Just add some potatoes and I will be in foodie heaven:D

Colleen said...

This may be the perfect chicken dinner! Bacon makes everything better!

teresa said...

Ooooh, that looks so good! How can you go wrong with ingredients like that!

Leslie said...

Oh my..this looks wonderful, I have been wanting to cook bone on chicken, but I always end up buying the bonless skinless breast.
Thanks so much for sharing you yummy recipe!!

MaryBeth said...

And what a winner it is...OMG girl you are killing me with this one.

La Bella Cooks said...

Oh wow, this look absolutely delicious! I love stuffed chicken breasts and this one would be perfect for my family.

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

Roasted bacon and Parmesan......you can't get finer ingredients than that. Your chicken looks great. You're making me hungry.
Sam

Maria said...

This one has it all! What a mean meal!

Jan said...

Lovely! Oooh yum to the bacon and parmesan!!