Pesto Gnocchi with Shrimp and Broccoli

Pesto Gnocchi with Shrimp and Broccoli

I thought our home life could not be much busier than it was during the school year.  I was wrong.  The last week of school and the following week were jammed with state high school softball games and a championship, two graduations, numerous parties, packing for a trip to Costa Rica for My Middle One, visiting the grandparents at the Jersey Shore, and planning and cooking for my EAT! clients.  Needless to say, dinner prep for my own family fell be the wayside.

I threw together a quick dinner one night after work, and I must say a tasty one too.  Gnocchi, a bag of frozen wild shrimp, a few cups of fresh broccoli florets, a couple tablespoons of pesto and a handful of Parmesan cheese all came together for a satisfying dinner in all of about 15 minutes.

Even if your schedule has your family running in many different directions, a nutritious and pleasing dinner is only minutes away.

Skip the drive thru.  Make dinner at home tonight.


Pesto Gnocchi with Shrimp and Broccoli

serves 4

1 pound gnocchi, I like De Cecco Potato Gnocchi
1 1/2 pounds extra large (21 - 25 per pound) shrimp, peeled and deveined
3 cups broccoli florets
2 - 3 tablespoons pesto, I like De Cecco Pesto alla Genovese
Parmesan cheese, for serving

Cook gnocchi according to the package directions.  Drain and and place in a large bowl.

Fill the same pot with 2 quarts of water and bring to a boil.  Add shrimp and broccoli and cook for 3 - 4 minutes, until the shrimp is just cooked through and the broccoli is tender crisp.  Drain and pour into bowl with gnocchi.

Add 2 tablespoons of pesto to the gnocchi, shrimp and broccoli and toss to coat.  Taste and add more pesto if desired.  To serve sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

5 comments:

Biz said...

Love everything about this dish - and to think I snubbed my nose at pesto for years without ever trying it - now I love it!

Hope things have calmed down in your neck of the woods!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

When life gets away from you making a meal in 15 minutes is so welcome!!!!

MaryBeth said...

I love to have a quick meal on an extremely busy weeknight..This dish has everything we love, looks fabulous!

Julie said...

This looks delicious and FAST! Thanks for the great idea.

Robin said...

This looks so delicious and easy. Amy, my guy has a nut allergy, do you think it would matter to make pesto without the nuts??