Teriyaki Salmon with Pineapple Salsa


After cooking all day at work, I still look forward to making dinner at home for my family. Most of my meals come together in about an hour. I'm no Rachel Ray who can whip up a meal in 30 minutes. I am usually enjoying some cheese and bread (and a little red wine) while I cook so, it takes me longer to get things done. On Friday nights, I cook a little more leisurely because we are not rushing to get homework done, get to drum lessons, or softball practice. Friday's menu included Teriyaki Salmon with Pineapple Salsa, sauteed green beans with caramelized onions and truffle salt, and rice with black sesame seeds.

Salmon is a favorite of my family so this menu is not a hard sell. Those who like a little spice add a wasabi drizzle to the salmon. I enjoyed the pineapple salsa but, it wasn't a big hit with the rest of my taste testers. I am trying to add new twists to our favorite dishes so some will be winners and other will be losers.

Try something new today. You may even like it.

Roasted Teriakyi Salmon with Pineapple Salsa

serves 5 with leftovers

2 pounds of salmon fillets
3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons white wine
1 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon fresh ginger root, grated
1 clove garlic, chopped
Pineapple Salsa, recipe follows

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, white wine, brown sugar, ginger root, and garlic. Put salmon in a large ziploc bag and add marinade. Let fish absorb the marinade for about 15 - 30 minutes.

Line a baking sheet with foil. Remove fish from marinade and place on baking sheet. Roast for about 10 - 12 minutes. We like our fish more on the medium rare side so this is usually enough time. If you like your fish more well done, add a couple more minutes. The fish will continue to cook when you take it out of the oven so, be careful not to overcook it. Serve with Pineapple Salsa.

Pineapple Salsa

1 cup chopped pineapple
1/2 jalapeno, chopped (remove seeds if you want less heat)
2 tablespoons onion, diced
squeeze of lime juice
salt
pepper

Mix ingredients together in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Share/Bookmark

No comments: