Pineapple and Lime Marinated Pork Tenderloin with Grilled Vegetables


I have come to the realization that my posts are not as frequent as I would like them. I am now shooting for once a week. Hopefully I will get back in the swing of posting and get more recipes online. 

I tried a new recipe on Wednesday night which was a marinated pork tenderloin that I grilled. The marinating process began too late in the day so the finished product was tasty but would have benefited from a longer soak. I also served it with a plate of grilled eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash, vidalia onions, and red peppers that were drizzled with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and sprinkled with truffle salt. The truffle salt was an excellent purchase. $23 for a 3.5 oz jar but worth ever penny. You can just eat it by the spoonful. A little Trader Joe's Wild Rice and a glass of Pinot Grigio and the dinner was complete. The Husband is not such a fan of all the grilled vegetables so I made him a salad (a photo is posted below) with mixed greens, the grilled onions, crumbled blue cheese, and balsamic vinaigrette. I grilled up 2 tenderloins so one is left for barbecue pork sandwiches.

Two meals for the price of one.



Pineapple and Lime Marinated Pork Tenderloin

serves 6
2 pork tenderloins, about 2 1/2 to 3 pounds total weight
1 cup pineapple juice
juice of 2 limes
juice of l lemon
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
shake of red pepper flakes
salt
pepper

Mix marinade ingredients together and pour over tenderloins in a ziploc bag. Marinate for at least 6 hours or up to 12 hours for best flavor. Remove pork from marinade and grill by indirect method for about 12 minutes per pound. The internal temperature of the pork should be about 145 - 150 degrees. Remove from grill and cover with foil for 10 minutes. Slice and serve. Great reheated the next day. Microwave at 70 percent power for 1 minute.


Share/Bookmark

No comments: