What's in that Bowl? Creamy Mashed Garlic Cauliflower of Course.

Mashed Garlic Cauliflower
A favorite side dish at our kitchen table is Creamy Mashed Garlic Cauliflower. It ranks right up there with Mashed Potatoes and Macaroni and Cheese.

The Husband was an Atkins guy for a while. Ginormous plates of Gorgonzola topped steak. 6 egg omelets with a pound of cheese. Bacon topped with mayonnaise. I exaggerate, but you get the idea. I went on a one woman crusade to get vegetables into his diet and ripped a recipe out of a magazine at the dentist's office (see below). I thought that there was no way Creamy Mashed Garlic Cauliflower would be appealing. I was wrong. It is one of the most requested side dishes by The Husband, My Oldest and My Middle One. Don't think No Thank You Boy eats this; he doesn't even like mashed potatoes.

The recipe is doubled in my house because it is devoured, and it makes a great leftover. It tastes the same as if just made when it is reheated. One warning though. Your kitchen will stink while the cauliflower is steaming. Open a window or put the exhaust fan on high.

Look. Here is the recipe I actually ripped out of the dentist's magazine. Hope I don't get charged extra.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting, I'll be giving this a try. This is basically how I do turnips, so I have high hopes.
By the way, I got here through Tastespotting.com (just FYI).

Anonymous said...

Haha my mom makes these and calls them "surprise potatoes" - they're not bad!

Elle said...

I have always wanted to try making this! And I've never seen the Hellman's recipe, so I'm glad you posted it. Thanks!

amycaseycooks said...

Sally - thanks for visiting. I'm sure you will like them.

hillary - what a tricky mom you have.

elle - Hellman's is the very best!

krysta said...

At least I'm not the only one who has ripped out a page from a magazine at the dentist office. One time I actually stole a Gourmet magazine because every recipe in the mag was good!

Michael C. Rush said...

I made this tonight, only I used broccoflower instead of regular cauliflower, so it came out pale green. It was quite good--thanks for posting this recipe!

amycaseycooks said...

krysta - I think I'm on the watch list at every dr's office I visit. my purse is full of torn out pages from their magazines.

rushmc - sounds good - i'll have to give it a try.