Teriyaki Turkey Sliders


Teriyaki Turkey Sliders

Raise your hand if you are looking for a quick dinner idea.  I see all you hands raised and Teriyaki Turkey Sliders is just the recipe for you.  Ground turkey is seasoned with hoisin and soy sauces and add an Asian twist to a typical burger.  With a few minutes on the grill, dinner comes together quickly.

I enlisted the use of my grill pan because I still cannot quite get to the Weber grill on our snowy deck.  Soon though.  I think I will venture out there very soon.  With our snowier than average winter, I have used my grill pan more and more and have found it to be a suitable stand in for the grill.

As an added bonus, I tacked on my recipe for Soy Slaw to complete the meal.

10 minutes of prep time and 6 - 8 minutes of grilling = dinner on the table.  :)

Teriyaki Turkey Sliders

makes 8

1 pound ground turkey
3 scallions, sliced thinly
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce, plus extra for brushing on the sliders while grilling
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup panko
8 slider buns such as Martin's Dinner Rolls

In a large bowl, gently combine the ground turkey, scallions, 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce, soy sauce, garlic powder, and panko.  Form patties using approximately 1/4 cup of the turkey mixture.

Heat grill or grill pan to medium high heat and brush with a little olive oil.  Add the sliders and grill for about 3 - 4 minutes.  Flip and brush the sliders with the extra hoisin sauce.  Grill for another 3 - 4 minutes.  Remove from grill and serve on rolls.


Soy Slaw

serves 5

3 tablespoons peanut oil
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon mirin
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1 10-ounce bag coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots)
1 cup cucumber, julienned
2 scallions, sliced thin
3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped

Whisk together the peanut oil, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, mirin, and rice wine vinegar. Set aside.

In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, cucumbers, scallions, and cilantro. Add the dressing and toss to coat. Refrigerator until ready to serve.

5 comments:

DineInDiva said...

Looks delicious! Can't wait to try both recipes.

MaryBeth said...

we love to make little sliders, they are so cute and quick. Our roll of choice is King's Hawaiian, they give a little sweetness.

Anonymous said...

I became a follower maybe a week or two ago. I must tell you that you post recipes I am actually interested in making:=) I just made the burgers and the slaw and they are excellent. Thanks for sharing.

Tiffany S.

Natalie said...

This sounds like a great recipe, I've never made sliders before and I love that they can be grilled indoors!

amycaseycooks said...

Tami - let me know how they turn out. Hope you are doing well.

Natalie - I am going to give the Hawaiian rolls a try. Thx for the info.

Tiffany - thx for following my blog and I am happy to hear my recipes interest you. My daughter just requested that I make these burgers again so this recipe is a keeper.

Natalie - the sliders cook up quick on the indoor grill because they are small and thin. and I don't have to stand out in the snow and cold. :)